Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
As a physiotherapist in New Zealand, it is important to have a knowledge and understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and the impact it has on the practice of physiotherapy as well as the delivery of healthcare in general.
As part of your application for registration as an overseas qualified physiotherapist the Board requires that you provide a well-referenced report on the Treaty of Waitangi including:
• A brief history of the Treaty of Waitangi
• The four cornerstones of Maori health
• The three principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
• A brief discussion of the implications the Treaty of Waitangi has on healthcare delivery in New Zealand
• Comment on how you will use your knowledge of the Treaty of Waitangi in physiotherapy practice if you are granted registration in New Zealand
• Your report should be written in your own words and should be 750 – 1000 words long
• Ensure that you acknowledge your information sources and clearly reference any and all sources used throughout your report
Here are some recommended resources to use when conducting your research on the Treaty of Waitangi.
• Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand Treaty of Waitangi information found at the start of this document
• Kingi, T. R. (2007). The Treaty of Waitangi: A framework for Māori health development. New Zealand Journal of Occupational Therapy, 54(1), 4-10
• Ratima M, Waetford C, Wikaire E (2006): Cultural competence of physiotherapists: Reducing inequalities in health between Mäori and non-Mäori. New Zealand Journal of Physiotherapy 34(3): 153-159.